Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What Next?

The only constant thing in life is change. Change is unfamiliar territory, and most of us are uncomfortable with it. We prefer the familiar because it gives us a sense of security and control. The music industry is a good case study of change, and how it has affected our lives. Music players evolved from the workman to discman, mp3 players to the Ipod generation. Like Charles Darwin mentions, adapting to change and making it work for you, is a strategy of the strong. In our personal and professional lives, we are all going to go through periods of change. How we handle these times can make us better or bitter. When faced with uncertainty,  remember the words of Reinhold Niebuhr (edited), "God give me grace to be the change I want to see in the world, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". Those who don't change with change get exchanged. Does that mean I change my core values with the times? As regards your beliefs stand like a rock, for everything else, flow with the tide.

No comments :

Post a Comment