Sunday, January 12, 2014

Seven Tips on Having a Great Day!

The way you start your day is a good indicator on how the day is going to end. Your day actually starts the night before. End your day on a good note and it will give leverage to starting your new day. Remember,  it is important to start the day right rather than trying to play catch up. The following are tips that have helped me have a great day:

1. Power Talk - What do you want your day to look like? You can only feature in a future you can picture. I start my day by creating it. Have a mental picture of what you want your day to look like. I say, "Today is going to be a great day". I say out loud that I am able to handle all the challenges that come my way. I remind myself that I have what it takes to pull the day off. I am a problem solver. The solution and not the problem.  I do not wait for things to happen, I make them happen. I do not need anyone to treat me a certain way in other to feel special or do my best. I am going to give today my best.
2. Priortize - Have you noticed that the little unimportant things can take up to 80% of your time and you have very little time to focus on the important things? The way out is focus on your highly important and urgent work first, and go from there.
3. Do - Do something that will make someones day better and brighter. How can you help someone on your team get closer to their goal. You will discover that the sunlight you bring out in others will shine on you too.
4. Exercise - You don't have time, you say? Why don't you take the stairs instead of the elevator or have a walking meeting? Exercise has a way of making us feel good and that enhances our productivity.
5. Schedule - Create time in your calendar to think and plan. Remind yourself of why you are doing what you are doing and what you need to do daily to get you to where you want to be. Just reacting to what your day throws at you is not a good recipe for success.
6. Connect - Relationship depth have a taken a hit; no thanks to social media. You will be surprised how a brief conversation over the phone, a thoughtful note will energize you and make you more vibrant.
7. Take a Break - You have tons to do right? If you keep working without breaks you will reach a plateau and will start loosing productivity. Short breaks even for 5 to 10 minutes can get you going again.
Bonus  - A smile adds beauty to you. So, smile! It takes a  lot more energy to frown than to smile. 

No comments :

Post a Comment