Saturday, June 8, 2013

How to Eat an Elephant

I remember when I chose to have a healthier life style and started going to the gym. I was very discouraged because I felt my efforts were not proportional to my results and so I gave up several times. I later realized that the problem was my motive, I was looking for a quick fix and when that didn't happen, I jumped ship. I knew that in order to be the person I wanted to be, I had to focus more on the journey than the destination. I focused on changing my health habits a day at a time and I made small steps that were going to be a life style for me. I am not where I want to be but thank God, I am far from where I used to be. I was driving the change I wanted to be and not allowing the change I wanted to see overwhelm me.

Like anything else, change has to be taken one step at a time. The way to eat an elephant is one piece at a time or it seems like a mission impossible. Have the end in mind but be prepared to take  one step at a time to get there

Like what you read, share it with your friends and like us on facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment